Course Refunds and Cancellations
To provide guidance for members of the PFCH in providing refunds and managing cancellations of adult education courses. Adherence to the Refunds and Cancellation Policy is always subject to the discretion of the Community House Adult Education Coordinator and Committee of Management.
- All enrolments must be confirmed by payment of the fees and the PFCH at least one week prior to commencement of the course.
- If there is an issue of hardship, arrangements can be made with the Co-ordinator of Adult Education to pay for course fees in instalments.
- Those holding a Health Care Card, Pensioner Card, or Veterans Gold Card, are eligible to receive a concession for any AFE funded course. At the discretion of the Co-ordinator, up to 50% concession may be offered on presentation of eligible cards.
- If there are insufficient numbers, classes will not proceed. Cancelled courses are fully refunded by the PFCH.
- If the participant cancels the course, $10.00 will be retained to cover administration costs.
- Class fees are to be paid in full and full payment of fees is to be received prior to the start of classes. Once a course has started, no fees will be refunded.
Concessions are made in as many situations as possible. Consideration will always be given for unusual situations.
Low Class Numbers
Invariably there are times when it becomes necessary to either cancel a class or subsidise a class because of low numbers. House based classes should be cancelled if two days before the start of the class if there are less than the number required enrolled. This will be done in conjunction with the tutor.
Classes which are subsidised by Government funding should operate on their stipulated numbers. The Committee of Management has the discretion to allow some classes to proceed, even if on the surface they appear to be operating on less than the required minimum.